Ayurvedic Yoga Specialist (AYS)
An Ayurvedic Yoga Specialist who has completed all 4 units and participated in Case Study session is someone who will:
- give Ayurveda 101 workshops
- lead spring cleanse workshops
- infuse this knowledge into their one-on-one yoga sessions
- blend Ayurveda into their group yoga classes
- lead fall rejuvenation workshops
A Graduate from our program, any HI Ayurvedic Yoga Specialist who has completed all 4 units, plus additional group case study and clinical observation and obtained insurance will be able to do all of the above plus work one-on-one work with clients.
Does this sound like you?
The AYS program is made up of 4 units, each comprised of 20 hours. Three of the 4 units have homework requirements and reading requirements. The program is a very manageable blend of lecture and hands-on learning. After completing all 4 units and graduating, you have the option to further your study within this discipline. Students who wish to work one-on-one with clients will need to complete case study sessions and participate in clinical observation sessions with Kathryn. Complete details on the advanced training are available. Current information is available here. Information on the Advanced Practice program can be found here, scroll down to the bottom of the page.
This training is Certified by the Himalayan Institute and recognized by NAMA. It will also count for continuing education credit under Yoga Alliance standards.
The AYS program takes place all over North America.
The AYS program will be in these cities 2015-2016.
- Dayton, OH indigoyogadayton.com
- Deluth, MN yoganorthduluth.com
- Honesdale, PA himalayaninstitute.org
- Quakertown, PA moondogyoga.cm
- Memphis, TN midtownyoga.com
- Lewiston, ME chillyoga.net
- Minneapolis, MN devanadiyoga.com
- Halifax, NS, Ca 108yoga.ca
- Point Edward, Ontario bodhichi.com
To register for the program, you need to register with the specific location. Each location handles registration. To find out what location is nearest you, please go here!